Finance Manager – OTI (Worldwide)
Casals is seeking qualified Finance Manager candidates for an anticipated USAID/OTI funded project. The Finance Manager will supervise all financial management aspects of the project in compliance with USAID and Casals regulations. The finance function includes preparation and tracking of budgets, budget projections, timely payments to vendors and consultants, daily recording of all expenses, bi-weekly reporting of transactions to Casals/HQ, revision of monthly invoices to USAID, and preparation of VAT reimbursement requests, among other things.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and update all field office financial systems.
- Supervise the financial recording into QuickBooks maintaining internal controls, and producing the financial reports in compliance with relevant USAID and Casals policies and procedures.
- Assure that these procedures and guidelines are fully considered and understood by grantee, contractor, and vendor staff.
- Responsible for reviewing expenditure and documentation support, procurement of goods and services, subcontracting, funding requests.
- Request and review biweekly grants expenditure report and documentation support and follow up on posting and balances. Discuss any unclear postings with Operations Manager and HQ-based financial analyst.
- Assure that funds are efficiently transferred from headquarters to field office and funding is available to support timely payment of all project and operations costs.
- Review permanently status of grants from OTI Database to avoid incorrect postings or make adjustments.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on the financial status of the grants and overall project.
- Analyze and advice on the financial implications of the activities of the grants under implementation, provision of existing or contemplated grants or contract agreements.
- Participate in planning, installing, and maintaining of the accounting systems and records of the project.
- Ensure that all the files related to finance activities and others as requested are adequately organized.
- Ensure timely payment of all types of invoices, billings, and collections.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts; and perform direct coordination with Casals HQ on requests for funds.
- Prepare USAID required reports monthly and quarterly submissions to USAID Mission. Liaise regularly with USAID regarding pending VAT reimbursement requests.
- Establish and maintain property accounting records and all other required controls in the Field.
Title of Supervisor: Operations Manager/Deputy Chief of Party
Title of Direct Report(s): (possible) Finance Assistant(s)
USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft programs, especially Excel, and knowledge of accounting software including QuickBooks.
- Complete fluency in oral and written English and the local language.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Five years of experience in lead financial management role of USAID/donor-funded projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field required and master’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL AND WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- Living and work conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be capable of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Must be willing to live in the country where the project is to take place and travel if necessary throughout the country.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV, references, and USAID Biographical Data Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USAID BioData Sheet is available at transition.usaid.gov/forms/AID1420-17.doc (copy link and paste into browser).
Please reference ” Finance Manager – Worldwide” in the subject line of your email.